Saturday, September 5, 2009

A little help in Loch Modan

This week in my continuing travels through Loch Modan, I set out to tackle the remaining lag of "in defense of King's land".  Along the way I met a new friend and got some much needed help on some of the trickery quests.  I also picked up a couple of great upgrades. 

-----
Entering the tunnel for "In defense of King's land" was not the hard part.  Staying alive once there, however, a little harder.  The Toggs seemed to agro in groups.  Groups that hit hard.  When I resurrected, I got a whisper from "Tickle*" (name masked) asking if I was on the quest.  Two heads are better than one.  Especially when the other one is a warrior who can hold agro while I shoot off fireballs from range.  

Love it.  This is exactly how a mage should be playing.  

We killed off the boss and his minions and set out to collect our reward.  I cannot remember what my original pair were like, but my new Lucky Trousers were an upgrade.  If not in armor, for sure in spell power, which I like.  Plus, completing the quest bumped me up to level 18.  

In Ironforge, I was trained in a new level of Fireballs and two brand new spells.  Amplify Magic and Remove curse.  Neither of my two new spells will help much in solo battle, but removing a curse might keep me alive and amplify magic will help when I finally join a group for an instance.  Talent wise, I accidently clicked World in Flames instead of incineration.  OH Well. (I did chose Incineration on my level 19 talent, just to save time later)

Next, Tickle and I went off to tackle "Gathering Idols" at the dig site.  This fairly easy quest provided me with my first wand.  I am still not too sure about its usefulness. It hits harder than my staff, but it has a cool down.  Maybe after some time, I'll figure it out. ;-) At the moment though, these monsters were too high a level to even hit.  Every attack missed.

One more task to complete while we had each others help, Ogre-side. We were hired to kill a set number.   Again, with the help, it was a fairly easy quest which netted some good experience. - Time for a break.

After a break, I travelled back to Ironforge.  I knew of a corner in the subway station where rats regenerate so quickly, you can skill up in no time.  I used this tactic for my wand.  Rats dropping like flies.  Level 5-90 in no time.

Then, back to the Loch to pick up the last quest line of the zone. I don't know why they called this a level 18 quest, but the zone transition between the Loch and the wetlands was populated by level 20 and 21 orcs.  I made it though.  Woot.  The rest of the run was pretty painless. The experience from turning in the quests, discovering areas in the wetlands and a few kills on the second step bumped me up to level 19.

The Loch Dam. 

But, this quest is tricky and it's time to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment